MEMORANDUM FOR SEE DISTRIBUTION
FROM: HQ AFMC/PK
4375 Chidlaw Road, Suite 6
Wright-Patterson AFB OH 45433-5006
SUBJECT: Interim Policy Letter (IPL) 96-018 27 Jun 96
EFFECTIVE DATE/IMPLEMENTATION: The AFMCFARS change included in this letter is effective immediately. This Interim Policy Letter will be superseded by an AFMCAC published at a later date. Ensure distribution to all Contracting Officers.
1. This IPL supersedes IPL 96-017 and implements an increase in the delegation amounts for Justification and Approval (J&A) Authority for Other Contracting actions which are not assigned to a PEO or DAC. The previous delegation was from $10M (+) and $25M. The new delegation is from $10M (+) and $50M. This change results from ASAF(A)s approval of our Operation Thunder-Boom initiative.
2. This approval authority is redelegable; however, any redelegation shall be made in accordance with FAR 6.304(a)(3).
3. AFMCFARS 5306.304-90, Approval of the justification, para (b), is added to reflect the new delegations and amounts (Attachment 1). AFMCFARS 5306.304-90 para (b), which was transmitted by IPL 96-017, is deleted. AFMCFARS 5306.304, Approval of the justification, paras (a)(3)(i) thru (vii) and (a)(4)(91)(iv), are deleted to remove old (and now superseded) delegation and approval requirements. AFMCFARS 5306.304(a)(3)(90) is renumbered as 5306.304-90(b)(90). AFMCFARS 5306.304(a)(4)(90) is deleted and replaced by AFMCFARS 5306.304-90(b)(90).
4. If you have any questions, please call me or have your staff call my action officer, Ms. Linda Barber,
HQ AFMC/PKPA, DSN 787-4657.
LINDA G. WILLIAMS, SES
Deputy Director of Contracting
AFMC FAR LANGUAGE--DELEGATION OF J&A APPROVAL
5306.304-90 Approval of the justification.
(b) For Other Contracting actions between $10M (+) and $50M which are not assigned to a PEO or DAC, the following designees are authorized to approve justifications. In accordance with FAR 6.304(a)(3), redelegation to a general officer or SES is authorized.
(i) Logistics Center/CC or CV/CD
(ii) Product Center/CC or CV/CD
(viii) AFDTC/CC or CD
(ix) AFFTC/CC or CD
(x) HQ AFMC/PK for AEDC and AGMC
(90) For Other Contracting actions, the SCCO/SLCO shall coordinate on J&As over $1M. AFOSR/PK will coordinate as the SCCO.