INTERIM POLICY NOTICE
7 Jan 98
EFFECTIVE DATE: 7 Jan 98
1. This notice implements two separate changes AFMCFARS.
2. AFMCFARS 5315.405-90(b)(1) was deleted because it refers to AFMC Pamphlet 64-102, Request for Proposal Process Guide. The Guide was canceled because most of the information in it was duplicative of data already in DESKBOOK. The reference in question indicated that additional information on draft RFPs could be found in the RFP Guide. That information can now be found in DESKBOOK/AFAM. Any unique data which was in the Guide was moved to DESKBOOK. Changes to AFMCFARS are noted at Attachment A below. Refer questions concerning AFMC FAR Council Case 97-22 to Mr. Roger Hanson, DSN 787-6057.
3. AFMCFARS 5347.305-6(91) was amended to correct a mistaken FAR reference. The cite incorrectly prescribes FAR 5352.247-30, F.o.b. Origin, Contractors Facility. The correct cite should be FAR 5352.247-34, F.o.b. Destination. Changes to AFMCFARS are noted at Attachment B below. Refer questions concerning AFMC FAR Council case 97-019 to Mr. John Berg, DSN 787-6056.
4. This IPN is effective until superseded by a future AFMCAC.
5. Refer questions concerning this IPN to Mr. Kenneth J. Farr, DSN 986-0380.
PART 5315--CONTRACTING BY NEGOTIATION
SUBPART 5315.4--SOLICITATION AND RECEIPT OF
PROPOSALS AND QUOTATIONS
5315.405 Solicitations for information or planning purposes.
5315.405-90 Use of draft requests for proposals (DRFPs).
(a) Issue DRFPs for all competitive acquisitions when an AP or SAMP is required except that DRFP use is optional for BAAs, PRDAs, RDSCPs, and SBIRs. Consider using DRFPs when no AP or SAMP is required if the acquisition will benefit significantly from industry involvement.
(1) Obtain approval from the SSA to waive DRFPs. Document the waiver in the AP or SAMP. If waived, the contracting officer shall consider allowing additional proposal preparation and submission time.
(2) If industry feedback is considered essential for sound planning of noncompetitive acquisitions, send a letter requesting specific information to the potential contractor. Include the FAR 52.215-3 provision, Solicitation for Information or Planning Purposes, in each letter request.
[(1)] Solicit industry input on source selection evaluation criteria and evaluation standards. Include a draft Section M, Evaluation factors for award; and if deemed in the Governments best interest and after approval by the SSA, include the source selection evaluation standards in draft evaluation standards in all DRFPs for competitive acquisitions (see 5315.406-5(c)(90)).
[(2)] See 5315.406-5(b)(90).
Part 5347 -- TRANSPORTATION
SUBPART 5347.3 -- TRANSPORTATION IN SUPPLY CONTRACTS
5347.305 Solicitation provisions, contract clauses, and transportation factors.
5347.305-6 Shipments to ports and air terminals.
(a)(90) This subsection addresses shipments of U.S. Government material (non-FMS) originating overseas such as deliveries from foreign firms or CONUS firms with overseas operations. Insert the clause at 5352.247-9003, F.o.b. Point for U.S. Shipments Originating Outside the Continental U.S., in Section F when shipments originate outside the continental U.S. for U.S. requirements.
(91) Insert the clause at 5352.247-9004, F.o.b. Point for FMS Shipments Originating Outside the U.S., and FAR 52.247-, F.o.b. [Destination] in Section F when FMS shipments originate outside the continental U.S.