INTERIM POLICY NOTICE
22 Jan 98
EFFECTIVE DATE/IMPLEMENTATION: 22 Jan 98
1. This notice implements a change to AFMCFARS 5347.305-10, Packaging, marking and consignment instructions and deletes AFMCFARS clause 5352.247-9016, FMS Evidence of Shipment, because it duplicates coverage in AFFARS 5352.225-9000, Evidence of Shipment on Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Contracts. AFMCFARS case 98-002, "Approval of Changes to AFMCFARS 5347.305-10(d)(91) and Deletion of 5352.247-9016" was approved 16 Jan 98.
2. Refer questions to Mr. John Berg, DSN 787-6056.
3. This IPN is effective until the policy is superseded by a future AFMCAC.
5347.305-10 Packaging, marking, and consignment instructions.
(a)(90) Use AFMC Form 158, Packaging Requirements, or similar document for all acquisitions requiring delivery of hardware items.
(91) Insert the clause at 5352.247-9005, Shipping Container Bar Code Marking, substantially as written, in Section D when the Government requires the ability to track and inventory supplies or equipment using a bar coding system.
(92) Insert the clause at 5352.247-9006, Marking of Warranted Items, substantially as written, in Section D when the items to be delivered are covered by a warranty.
(93) Insert the clause at 5352.247-9007, Specification Commercial Packaging and Marking, in Section D when the Government requires the use of commercial packaging and marking to the American Society for Testing Materials Specification D3951.
(94) Insert the clause at 5352.247-9008, Contractor Commercial Packaging and Marking, in Section D when the contractor's best commercial practice is acceptable.
(95) Insert the clause at 5352.247-9009, Military Packaging and Marking, in Section D when military specification packaging and marking are required.
(96) When the contractor is to develop (design and/or manufacture) a new engineered or specialized container, the requirement must be identified as a separate line item in the purchase request, the solicitation, and the contract. The proposal shall include the proposed container cost broken into design and manufacturing elements. Approval for purchase of new containers shall be determined by ASC/VXYC, 102D Avenue, Suite 168, Eglin AFB FL 32542-6807 for munitions containers and AFMC LSO/LOP, 5215 Thurlow Street, Wright-Patterson AFB OH 45433-5540 for nonmunitions containers. The approval shall be provided to the contracting officer for notification to the contractor. Insert the clause at 5352.247-9010, Engineered or Specialized Containers, substantially as written, in Section D. Data items, DI-PACK-80683A, Container Design and Retrieval System (CDRS) Search Request, and DI-PACK-80684A, Container Design and Retrieval System (CDRS) Data Input, must be identified on the DD Form 1423, Contract Data Requirements List.
(97) Insert the clause at 5352.247-9011, Packaging and Marking of Hazardous Material, substantially as written, in Section D when an acquisition is for the delivery of commercial or military items involving hazardous material.
(98) Insert the clause at 5352.247-9012, Packaging for Inspection and Acceptance at Destination, in Section D when material requires 100 percent inspection at destination and packaging must be resealable.
(99) Insert the clause at 5352.247-9013, Packaging Data, in Section D when the Government will purchase the rights to the packaging design and data.
(b)(90) When the purchase request is for spare parts to be delivered f.o.b. origin and the items are ASI candidates, insert the clause at 5352.247-9014, Unilateral Amended Shipping Instructions (ASIs), F.o.b. Origin, in Section F.
(91) When the "ship to" is unknown at the time of award, shipping instructions shall be provided through contract modifications. These shipping instructions shall identify shipping destinations in accordance with the Department of Defense Activity Address Directory (DoDAAD) or Military Assistance Program Address Directory (MAPAD) codes assigned. Telephone, teletype, or telegram shipping instructions issued pursuant to FAR 47.305-10(c) shall be confirmed through a contract modification.
(92) For shipment of Foreign Military Sales (FMS) material:
(i) The following data are required on the acquisition documents and in the resulting contracts or orders:
(A) "Ship to" Military Assistance Program Address Code (MAPAC).
(B) "Mark for" MAPAC.
(C) MILSTRIP requisition number.
(D) MILSTRIP supplemental address.
(E) Issue Priority Designator.
(ii) The complete in-the-clear address for the MAPACs shall be provided to the contractor by the cognizant transportation office when the material is available for shipment. In-the-clear addresses shall not be printed in the contracts or orders for the MAPACs because they are subject to frequent change. When contracts or orders show shipping points outside of CONUS, the requiring activity shall assure that shipping instructions conform to the negotiated delivery conditions.
(93) These shipments shall include data similar to (b)(i)(A) through (b)(i)(D) of DFARS 247.305-1. The transportation office of the organization providing contract administration services shall convert the data to a transportation control number (TCN) as prescribed by DoD 4500.32-R, Military Standard Transportation and Movement Procedures, Volume I, Appendix C, and a transportation account code (TAC) as prescribed by DoD 4500.32-R, Volume II, Chapter 11.
(94) Insert the clause at 5352.247-9015, Temporary Storage of FMS Munitions Items, in Section F for FMS munitions items when it is anticipated that the clear text shipping address and transportation instructions may not be available when the units are ready for shipment at the contractor's plant.
FMS Evidence of Shipment.