DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE AFAC 96-5
Headquarters US Air Force
Washington DC 20330 JANUARY 11, 2002
AIR FORCE ACQUISITION CIRCULAR
This Air Force Acquisition Circular (AFAC) is issued pursuant to the authority of FAR 1.301 and amends the 1996 Edition of the AFFARS. Reproduction is authorized.
Item Title Page
I Contracting Authority 2
II Definitions 2
III New Start Notification 2
IV Contract Award Notification 2
V Acquisition Plans and Single Acquisition Management Plans 2
VI Congressional Notification 3
VII Automated Web-Based Report System for DoD Property 3
VIII Contractor Performance Assessment System (CPARS) 3
IX Department of Defense Automated Contract Property Management System (CPMS) 3
X AF Forms 3037 and 3039 3
XI Contingency Operational Contracting Support Program (COPS) 3
Editorial Revisions 3
Replacement Pages 4-5
Item I - Contracting Authority (AFFARS Case 01-09 and Business Case 00-06
AFFARS 5301.601-91 and AFFARS 5301.601-93(a) is revised to incorporate the SAF/AQC memorandum, Head of Contracting Activity (HCA) Authority for Contingency Contracting, dtd 1 Oct 01. The memorandum clarified that Head of Contracting Authority (HCA) is not dependent on the geographic location of the contingency contracting officer's deployment.
AFFARS 5301.601-92 is revised to incorporate the current SAO 101.1, "Authority and Responsibilities of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force Acquisition," and subsequent relegation memorandum by ASAF(A).
AFFARS 5302 is revised to correct the Head of Contracting Agency references to obsolete Secretary of the Air Force Orders (Safes) 100.1 and 650.1 and corrected to read SAO 101.1.
Appendix CC, CC-201 is revised to clarify that Headquarters Contracting Authority (HCA) is not dependent upon the geographic location of the contingency contracting officer's deployment.
Item II-Definitions (AFFARS Case 01-11 & Case 00-06)
AFFARS 5302 definitions for Automated Information System (AIS), Major Defense Acquisition (MDAP), Major Automated Information System (MAIS) Acquisition Program were revised to reflect the language in DoD 5000.
Item III-New Start Validation (AFFARS Case 00-01)
AFFARS 5304.803(b) and AFFARS 5332.702-90 are added to require the contracting officer to have the form completed prior to obligating funds.
Item IV-Contract Award Notification (AFFARS Case 01-07)
AFFARS 5305.303-91(b)(5) is revised to incorporate SAF/AQC Interim Change, Contracting Policy C-01-06. This change revises the time and date of when the successful offer and face value of an award will be provided to SAF/LLP to 1300 hours on the day before the anticipated award date.
Item V-Acquisition Plans and Single Acquisition Management Plans (AFFARS Case 01-02 and Case 01-08 w/addendum)
AFFARS 5307.103 is revised to add (h)(i) to require acquisition plans and Single Acquisition Management Plans involving conventional ammunition be sent to the Army Single Manager for Conventional Ammunition (SSMC) IAW DFARS 207.103(h)(i).
AFFARS 5307.103-90 is revised to add the approval authorities for ACT I, II and III Single Acquisition Management Plans (SAMPs) to correspond with the AMP Guide, and to reflect that delegation procedures are outlined in the Air Force AMP Guide.
AFFARS 5307.104-90(b)(1)(iv) is added to reflect SAF/AQ approval is required for all A-76 cost comparisons affecting 300 or more full-time equivalents (FTEs).
AFFARS 5307.104-90(b)(2) PEO and DAC Programs and Other Contracting (Non-Information Technology) is revised to reflect the approval authority for A-76 cost comparison studies affecting 300 or more full-time equivalents is PDASAF(AM) for PEO, DAC Programs and Other Contracting. Review and coordination are SAF/AQC.
AFFARS 5307.104-90(c)(2)(i) is revised to add that acquisition for A-76 cost comparisons affecting 300 or more FTEs, the Competitive Sourcing Management Steering Group Chairperson, and clarified to reflect for AFMC PEO actions, APs requiring SPE approval must be signed by the Buying Office Contracting Official and for AFMC DAC actions, by the Senior Center Contracting Official.
AFFARS 5307.104-91(c) is revised to reflect that SAF/AQ is the ASP chairperson for any A-76 cost comparisons that affect 300 or more FTEs, and may delegate this authority on individual cost comparisons.
AFFARS 5307.105(a)(1) is revised to reflect that the acquisition plan and SAMP are to be used to document the acquisition strategy in support of the ASP, the Overarching Integrated Product Team and Working Level Integrated Product Team and the DAB process.
AFFARS 5315, Attachment 5315-1, Tables A & B are revised to add the Source Selection Authority Thresholds for A-76 Cost Comparisons affecting 300 or more FTEs.
Item VI--Congressional Notification (AFFARS Case 00-12).
AFFARS 5317.108 is added to provide instructions for congressional reporting requirements for Energy Savings Performance Contracts with cancellation ceilings.
AFFARS 5341.201(i) is added to provide instructions for congressional reporting requirements for Energy Savings Performance Contracts with cancellation ceilings.
Item VII-Automated Web-Based Report System for DoD Property (AFFARS Case 01-03)
AFFARS 5345.505-14 is revised to reflect the automated web-based system used for reporting Government Furnished Property in possession of contractors.
Item VIII-Contractor Performance Assessment System (CPARS) (AFFARS Case 01-05)
AFFARS 5342.1501 is added requiring contracting activities to use the Navy CPARS tool to collect past performance information.
Item IX.-Department of Defense Automated Contract Property Management System (CPMS) (AFFARS Case 01-04).
AFFARS 5345.505-14 is revised to incorporate DoD's automated CPMS for collection of data on the types and quantities of government property in the possession of contractors.
Item X.-AF Forms 3037 and 3039 (AFFARS Case 01-10).
AFFARS 5347.372 is reserved, and AFFARS 5347.373(a) & (b) is revised to delete obsolete forms AF Forms 3037 and 3039.
Item XI. Contingency Operational Contracting Support Program (COCSP) (AFFARS Case Number 00-04).
AFFARS Appendix CC is revised in its entirety.
(1) AFFARS 5301.304(b) revised to add where MAJCOM supplemental regulations are to be sent., 5301.603-3(4) revised to reflect the correct procedures for conducting telephone interviews, attachment 5301-2 revised to clarify PEO/DAC information on delegations, Attachment 5315-1, Tables A&B, 5307.104.90, & AFFARS 5317-7 are revised to reflect a table format.
(2) AFFARS 5301, Table of Contents, corrected the page numbers.
(3) AFFARS 5302 Revised definitions, as applicable.
(4) AFFARS 5304.670-3 revised transmittal information for DD350s.
(5) AFFARS 5305, Table of Contents, corrected page numbers.
(6) AFFARS 5307.104-90. Corrected the reference in the notes in the tables., and AFFARS 5307, Table of Contents, revised page numbers for 5307.104.90 & 53.104-91.
(7) AFFARS 5315.407-91-8, Recovery of funds, is revised to delete DoD 7220.9M and replace it with DoD 700.14-4.
(8) AFFARS Attachment 5315-3, Table A, Note [1} revised to clarify that SSA is delegable not lower than the Contracting Officer; revised AFFARS 5315-1 and -2, revised AFFARS reference at note 2. AFFARS 5315-4 revised table and, 5315-5 revised to reflect the Standards of Conduct.
(9) AFFARS 5317-1 revised to simplify the format, 5317.503-90 & 5324.7002 on Determination and Findings formats are revised IAW FAR 1.704.
(10) AFFARS 5325, Table of Contents, corrected page numbers.
(11) AFFARS 5325 revised Determination and Findings to correspond with requirements at DFARS.
(12) AFFARS 5332.908 Contract Clauses, reserved. This change deleted the requirement to use AFFARS clause 5332.232-9000, Remittance Address.
(13) AFFARS 5337, Table of Contents, corrected subparts 5337.103 & 5337.104.
(14) AFFARS 5337.110 Solicitation provisions and contract clauses is revised to update AFP 26-12 to AFI 38-203
(15) AFFARS 5343.102-90(b), Air Force Acquisition Programs Policy is revised to clarify existing contracts that are 50% beyond the period of performance must not be executed without the review and approval of the PEO or DAC.
(16) AFFARS 5345.302-90 revised to update the AFI reference.
(17) AFFARS 5347, Table of Contents, 5347.372 reserved.
(18) AFFARS Appendix DD, Table of Contents, corrected page numbers, and corrected title of Atch DD-1.
(19) AFFARS Appendix DD, para DD301(a)(4) is revised to delete the requirement for the project manager/inspector to include a preliminary independent cost estimate IAW SAF/AQC Contracting Policy Memo 99-C-05, and Atch DD-1 is revised to reflect FedBizOpps.
(20) AFFARS 5343.102-90 clarified when PEO or DAC review should occur on ACAT Program modifications.
the original contract period of performance are not exempted from the J&A requirements at para 5343.102-90(a).
(21) Revised AFFARS Parts in AFAC 96-5 to change"SAF/AQCS" to read "SAF/AQCK" and "SAF/AQCO" to read
"SAF/AQCP," as applicable.
(22) Revised AFFARS Parts in AFAC 96-5 to change "shall" to" must," as applicable.
(23) Revised AFFARS Parts in AFAC 96-5 to correct DCMC to DCMA.
(24) Revised AFFARS Parts in AFAC 96-5 to reflect current FAR, DFARS, AFFARS and AFI references, as applicable.
Remove the Following Pages Insert the Following Pages
5301 Table of Contents, 1-ii 5301 Table of Contents, 1-ii
1-1 through 1-21 1-1 through 1-21
2-1 through 2-3 2-1 through 2-3
4-1 through 4-4 4-1 through 4-4
5305 Table of Contents, 5-i 5305 Table of Contents, 5-i
5-1 through 5-4 5-1 through 5-5
5307 Table of Contents, 7-i 5307 Table of Contents, 7-i
7-1 through 7-5 7-1 through 7-5
5315 Table of Contents, 15i through 15-iii 5315 Table of Contents, 15-i through 15-iv
15-1 through 15-32 53-1 through 15-33
5317 Table of Contents, 17-i and 17-ii 5317 Table of Contents, 17-i and 17-ii
17-1 through 17-20 17-1 through 17-20
5325 Table of Contents, 25-i and 25-ii 5325 Table of Contents, 25-i and 25-ii
25-1 Through 25-6 25-1 through 25-7
5332 Table of Contents, 32-i and 32-ii 5332 Table of Contents, 32-i and 32-ii
32-1 through 32-6 5332-1 through 32-6
5337 Table of Contents, 37i 5337 Table of Contents, 37-I
5341 Table of Contents, 41-i 5341 Table of Contents, 41-i
5342 Table of Contents, 42-i and 42-ii 5342 Table of Contents, 42-i and 42-ii
42-1 through 42-4 42-1 through 42-5
45-1 through 45-4 45-1 through 45-4
5347 Table of Contents, 47-i 5347 Table of Contents, 47-i
Appendix CC, Table of Contents, CC-i and CC-ii Appendix CC, Table of Contents, CC-i and CC-ii
CC-1 through CC-23 CC-1 through CC-24
Appendix DD, Table of Contents, DD-i and DD-ii Appendix DD, Table of Contents, DD-i and
DD-2 through DD-4, DD-6, DD-8 through DD-10, and DD-19 DD-2 through DD-4, DD-6, DD-8 through
DD-10, and DD-19
EFFECTIVELY INSTRUCTIONS: This AFAC is effective January 11, 2002.