Air Force Materiel Command Acquisition Circular (AFMCAC)
15 June 2010
Summary of Changes
AFMCFAR SUPPLEMENT (2007 Edition)
The following changes are a result of a 23 April 2010 HQ AFMC/PK Memo, Subject: Change to 19 Apr 2010 Memorandum “Revisions to AFMCFARS Subpart 5327.90 – Foreign Disclosure.” The 23 Apr 2010 memo also rescinds the 19 Apr 2010 Memo. The memo is rescinded upon issuance of this AFMCAC 2007-12.
AFMCFARS Subpart 5327.90 – Foreign Disclosure
The following AFMCFARS paragraphs and clauses were DELETED:
AFMCFARS 5327.9003, Provisions and clauses, Paragraph (a), second sentence “Alternate 1 shall be added when the award is to be made to a foreign owned, operated, or controlled company”.
AFMCFARS 5327.9003, Paragraph (c).
AFMCFARS 5352.227-9000, Export-Controlled Data Restrictions, Alternate 1 only (basic clause remains).
AFMCFARS 5352.227-9002, Visit Requests by Foreign Owned or Controlled Firms.
The following changes are a result of a 28 May 2010 HQ AFMC/PK Memo, Subject: Undefinitized Contract Action (UCA) Approval Authority contained in AFMCFARS 5317.7404-1. The memo is rescinded upon issuance of this AFMCAC 2007-12.
AFMCFARS Subpart 5317.7404-1(d)
Effective immediately AFMC FARS Part 5317.7404-1(d) is revised to the following:
(d) The following approval authorities apply:
(1) For contracting actions within AFMC, except for Aeronautical Systems Center (ASC), the SCCO is the approval authority for all UCAs.
(2) ASC will continue to comply with SAF/AQC Policy memo 10-C-01, Undefinitized Contract Actions (UCAs), dated Jan 15 2010.
AFMCFARS Subpart 5331.109(h)(4)(90)(b)
As a result of the changes cited above to the UCA approval levels in AFMCFARS Subpart 5317.7404-1(d), the pre-contract cost agreement approval authorities in AFMCFARS Subpart 331.109(h)(4)(90)(b) are revised.
Effective immediately 5331.109(h)(4)(90)(b) is revised to the following:
(b) The following approval authorities apply to pre-contract cost agreements:
(1) For contracting actions at AFFTC, AEDC, and AFNWC/PKE the SCCO is the approval authority for all pre-contract cost agreements.
(2) For all other contracting activities, the COCO is the approval authority for pre-contract cost agreements less than $50M. The SCCO is the approval authority for pre-contract cost agreements $50M or more.
(3) Pre-contract cost agreements must be reviewed for legal sufficiency. Whenever possible, include the request for pre-contract cost agreement in the request for contract clearance.