PART 5 -- PUBLICIZING CONTRACT ACTIONS
TABLE OF CONTENTS
SUBPART 5.3 -- SYNOPSIS OF CONTRACT AWARDS
205.303 Announcement of contract awards.
SUBPART 5.4 -- RELEASE OF INFORMATION
5.403 Request from Members of Congress.
5.404 Release of long-range acquisition estimates.
5.404-1 Release procedures.
Face value is the "reporting amount" required by DFARS Subsection 205.303(a)(i). Determine the face value as follows:
(a) Contractual actions, including modifications (other than those discussed below): Report the contract price excluding unexercised options when it exceeds $7M and any subsequent modifications exceeding $7M.
(b) Undefinitized contractual actions: Report the not-to-exceed (NTE) or ceiling price when it exceeds $7M. See DFARS 205.303(a)(i)(A) for additional guidance.
(c) Indefinite delivery, time and material, labor hour, and similar contractual actions:
Report the maximum amount (contract ceiling price/NTE) excluding unexercised options of the basic contract when it exceeds $7M. Regardless of value, do not report individual orders or modifications up to the maximum amount of the basic contract. After the maximum amount of the basic contract is reached, report any subsequent orders or modifications exceeding $7M.
(d) Indefinite term Communication Service Authorizations (CSAs) processed via the Inquiry/Quote/Order (IQO) process: Report if the Monthly Recurring Charge (MRC) multiplied by the estimated service life plus the Non-Recurring Charge (NRC) exceeds $7M.
(e) Exercising options: Report the option price when it exceeds $7M and any subsequent modifications exceeding $7M.
(f) Incrementally funded contractual actions: Report the contract price (not the obligated amount) excluding unexercised options when it exceeds $7M. Regardless of value, do not report modifications up to the contract price of the basic contract. After the contract price of the basic contract is reached, report any subsequent modifications exceeding $7M. Apply this guidance when incrementally funding orders (order amount) or options exercised (option price), etc.
(g) Orders against Federal Supply Schedules: Do not report these actions.
(S-90) For contract actions awarded by a DISA contracting officer, regardless of the customer, the contracting officer shall prepare a Congressional and Press Notification when the face value of a contractual action exceeds $7M as described under DARS 5.001.
(S-91) For contract actions awarded by another agency but managed/funded by DISA, the Program Manager (PM)/Acquisition Manager (AM) shall prepare a Press Notification when the face value of a contractual action exceeds $7M as described under DARS 5.001.
(S-92) Required format for a “Notification”.
SOURCE SELECTION INFORMATION – See FAR 2.101 and 3.104
CONGRESSIONAL AND PRESS NOTIFICATION (DD-LA-(AR) 1279)
(Insert name of the contractor and address (city, state)) was awarded a (insert competitive or non-competitive contract type(s) – e.g., single award indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity, multiple award indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity, letter, firm fixed price, cost plus award fee, not-to-exceed, etc., if new award) (insert type of contract action i.e., contract or contract modification, etc.) for (insert description of the acquisition or modification). (If appropriate, insert indication if any of the buy was for foreign military sales (FMS) and identify the FMS customer). The face value of this action is (insert $ amount) funded by (insert FY of funds and type of appropriation). (If appropriate, indicate if the contract is multiyear (see FAR 17.1)). The total cumulative face value of the contract is (insert $ amount). Performance will be at (identify place(s) of performance). Proposals were solicited via the (indicate where the solicitation was posted), and (indicate number of proposals received) proposals were received. The period of performance is (insert performance period and identify base period and number of options and option periods if options apply). The Defense Information Technology
Contracting Organization, (insert field office location – e.g., Scott AFB, Illinois, National Capital Region, etc.) is the contracting activity. (If appropriate, insert if the Contracting Office Point of Contact has any known congressional interest). The Contracting Point of Contact is (insert
name and commercial telephone number). (In parentheses, insert contract number and contract modification number, if applicable).
SOURCE SELECTION INFORMATION – See FAR 2.101 and 3.104
(2) When an updated congressional notice is required (e.g. due to the change in the period of performance), include the pertinent information that changed from the original notice to the updated notice. Explicitly describe the contract action / modification and state what information was revised (e.g. ‘The revised period of performance is...’). When an update is required, the original notification and the update should be sent to DISA Public Affairs in accordance with 205.303(S-94)(1).
(S-93) PMs/AMs shall use the same format as above for “Notifications” except that the title of the document should be changed to “Press Notification,” the contracting activity name should be changed to properly reflect the non-DISA contracting activity and the contracting point of contact should be changed to reflect the DISA PM/AM point of contact information.
(1) The contracting officer must prepare and submit the Notification via email to the respective COCO. The COCO must review and approve all Notifications prior to email submission to the DISA Public Affairs and DISA General Counsel (GC). The COCO will submit the Notification (in accordance with the format at DARS 5.303(S-92) via email concurrently to
the DISA Public Affairs (Outlook email address: DISA Ft Meade BD Mailbox Public Affairs) and DISA GC (Outlook email address: DISA Scott AFB DITCO Mailbox Legal Office or DISA Ft Meade GC Mailbox Acquisition Law Team). The COCO will also provide a courtesy copy to the HCO and HCA via email. Submissions must be made in sufficient time so that the DISA Public Affairs, DISA GC, and HCA receive it at least three workdays before the award date provided in the Notification.
(2) For actions funded by DISA but awarded by another agency, the PM/AM must prepare and submit the Press Notification via email to the external contracting officer (for the contract file) and to the DISA PAO (for their coordination with the appropriate external agency's contracting organization's PAO to OSD PA for DoD announcement). The PM/AM shall also forward the PM/AM Notification to the DISA Director (D) or Vice Director (DV) via email. The D or DV may elect to notify the Department of Defense Chief Information Officer.
(3) To preclude the inadvertent release of the Notification prior to the actual award date and to ensure Agency compliance with the FAR 5.303(a) requirement to make the public announcement by 5:00 p.m. Washington, DC time on the day of award, contracting officers must execute contract award on the date provided in the Notification.
(4) The DISA PAO shall notify the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Public Affairs) and DISA GC shall notify Congress. The DISA GC shall coordinate notifications of contractual actions with DISA Congressional Affairs before release to Congress to the extent possible.
(S-95) Contractor’s Press Release.
An awardee shall submit a copy of their press release relating to any DISA contract to the Contracting Officer. The Contracting Officer should review the press release and forward the press release to DISA PAO via email address DISA Ft Meade BD Mailbox Public Affairs. Contractor shall not issue the press release until DISA PAO gives the Contracting Officer the authority to proceed.
(a) Upon Receipt of a congressional request, the Contracting Officer/Contract Specialist shall report the request to their COCO and HCO immediately, if you didn’t receive the request directly from the HCO. The HCO will then notify the PSD Front Office for further guidance from the HCA.
Once guidance is received, the Contracting Officer shall prepare the congressional response in accordance with the Congressional Template located athttps://www.ditco.disa.mil/DITCOContractingTemplates/. Submit the congressional response to the PSD Front Office mailbox with the SUBJECT: Congressional Inquiry. The PSD Front Office will further coordinate the response with those outside of PSD and get the HCA approval.
(a) The Agency Competition Advocate is authorized to release long-range acquisition estimates