PART 5242 CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION AND AUDIT SERVICES
SUBPART 5242.1—CONTRACT AUDIT SERVICES
5242.190 Relationships--DCAA and contracting/contract administration offices.
(a) Organizationally, the DCAA is separate from, and independent of, contracting and contract administration offices. Audit reports and other services provided by DCAA are advisory in nature. A clear understanding of the responsibilities of DCAA auditors is essential to ensure continuous close cooperation and team work. Contracting and contract administration offices are responsible for:
(1) Requesting contract audit service deemed essential for the procurement;
(2) Providing maximum allowable time for the conduct of audits;
(3) Furnishing the auditor with all relevant documents;
(4) Establishing access to contractor records required by auditors; and
(5) Furnishing such other information, data, or technical service as may be required (such as the advice of industrial engineers on cost matters, copies of pricing memoranda, etc.) or otherwise may be useful in performing the audit.
(b) Contract audit services should be requested by contracting and contract administration offices when necessary in connection with:
(1) Development of procurement packages prior to solicitation;
(2) Pre-award surveys;
(3) Pricing contracting actions;
(4) Functional reviews of contractor performance;
(5) Progress payments, and;
(6) Contract terminations.
(c) Contract audit services are performed automatically in connection with:
(1) Reimbursement of costs, and;
(2) Problems and unsatisfactory conditions encountered by the auditor and within his purview.
5242.191 Audit resolution and disposition.
(a) Resolution of contract audit reports other than pre-award advisory audits, is required by law within six months of report issuance. When an audit is resolved, it shall be supported by specific written documentation in the file. Disposition, including fund recovery actions, shall take place as soon as possible after resolution.
(b) HCAs are responsible for establishing procedures to accomplish resolution and disposition within the required times and to comply with the DoD Directive 7640.2 semiannual contract audit follow-up (CAFU) status reporting requirement through timely entry of data into the CAFU system in eTools at www.dcma.mil. DASN(AP) PA&BT is the DoN liaison.
SUBPART 5242.6—CORPORATE ADMINISTRATIVE CONTRACTING OFFICER
5242.602 (DFARS 242.602) Assignment and location.
(c) Submit recommendations for assignment of a corporate administrative contracting officer (CACO) to DASN(AP) by email at RDAJ&As.email@example.com with the subject “DFARS 242.602 - CACO Assignment Recommendation.”
SUBPART 5242.15—CONTRACTOR PERFORMANCE INFORMATION
5242.1502 (FAR 42.1502) Policy.
(a) The Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System (CPARS) shall be used when preparing performance evaluations. CPARS is accessed via the internet at http://www.cpars.gov.
SUBPART 5242.17 FORWARD PRICING RATE AGREEMENTS
5242.1790 Business base forecasting and evaluation.
HCAs shall submit the business base forecast and evaluations semiannually by February 7 and August 7, to improve DCMA’s ability to negotiate forward pricing in compliance with the Director, Defense Pricing memorandum “Improved Business Base Forecasting and Evaluation” dated September 14, 2012, via DASN(AP) by email at RDAJ&As.firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “NMCARS 5242.1790 – DCMA Business Base Forecasting and Evaluation.”